Just for my own memory, today I had a doctor's appointment. Here is what stood out for me:
1. The doctor said I do not have diabetes, despite the nurse practitioner's fears. I still have to do the glucose test but I don't mind so long as my bebe is healthy.
2. Fundal height (length?) and heartbeat were both awesome.
3. I get to start my frequent ultrasounds to monitor bebe's growth (a side effect of the blood thinners is growth retardation.)
4. We got a tentative c-section date of the week of July 25th. I also determined what would happen if my doctor is unavailable and I feel nice and confident about the alternatives.
5. Yup, I still want a c-section.
6. My doctor thanked me for being "sane and rational" in response to a conversation about what some people expect from their physicians. Ha!
7. We have yet to determine what I will need to pay prior to my delivery in light of my large deductible PPO plan. If any of you folks do not have kids yet, let me just tell you that I will pay approximately $3,000 to my doctor prior to delivery for her fee, then I will pay the hospital a small fortune, and then I will hope and pray people buy the stuff on my registry because did you know a high chair alone costs well over $100?? Babies are expensive before they even exit your vagina. You've been warned.