Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Scary!

I've been dreaming almost every night about breastfeeding my child. The dreams are so random! Then, yesterday, an informational packet comes from my insurance company. They assigned me a nurse to follow me throughout the pregnancy and she was very excited to hear I intend to breastfeed.

Let's just say, reading the brochure on all things breastfeeding did nothing to ease my anxieties. The whole packet was basically "Nursing for Dummies" so it wasn't an intellectual issue I was facing, but more of a reality check issue. I really hope I can do it when the time comes!

1 comment:

  1. FYI, nursing does not come as naturally as they would like everyone to think. It is something both of you will have to learn. I didn't get it until the second time around. I had to take a class and everything. If it doesn't work for you, you should not in anyway feel like a failure. I struggled with Micah for the first 3 and a half months and then I just gave up. We were both happier and he is not in anyway less intelligent, coordinated or bonded than any other child. At the end of the day, the best thing for you and your child is what works best and makes you both happiest!

    ReplyDelete