Yes, that's right, this little bebe is of the male persuasion! Originally I really wanted a girl and I took it a little hard, but that is ridiculous and disgusting behavior. All that matters is a healthy child, period. And for what it's worth, the Chinese gender chart, the Intelligender and (most importantly!) my own intuition, were all correct in telling me I will be blessed with a son. And without further delay, here are a few reasons I am thankful for a son:
1. One name: Justin Bieber. Or really, any other sort of infatuation with a male teeny bopper (we all know my kid will be too late for Bieber Fever but I'm sure some other celeb will be along in his day.)
2. Rob and I went to Dave & Buster's and were shocked to see a gaggle of tween girls covered in raunchy makeup and wearing clothing befitting a Woman of the Night. There are no daisy dukes or arguments about how much eyeshadow is "too much" in my future!
3. I have enough hormones that I don't need the competition. For now, I am the most important woman in my husband's life! ;)
4. If I do have a daughter some day, she will have an older brother who will hopefully protect her!
5. My sweet friend Cady told me that "little boys love their mamas" and if seeing my own brothers with my mom is an indication, I am about to be met with a lot of love!
All joking aside, I would love nothing more than to have a daughter some day. That said, the only thing I want for my children is for them to be God-loving, healthy, and productive members of society. Once you've seen cancer in your family, your priorities really change. I love my son so much already! I studied my last ultrasound photos and am convinced baby has my husband's awesome nose and not my ugly schnoz. Yay for genetics!