Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sam Is A Bad Boy

The last time I had to refill the syringes for my injections, Rob picked them up for me from Sam's Club. I used a few of them and then opened one that had what seemed like a very long needle. I wrote it off as a figment of my imagination until I noted there were quite a few of these long needles. I confirmed the different sizes on the packaging.

I told Rob I was worried they might be too long to be safe for the baby, given that I inject directly into my belly, but he convinced me it would be fine.

By chance I was doing my injection in front of one of my doctor's nurses and she was appalled at the length of the needle. Come to find out, not only did they give me the wrong size needle, but mixing different lengths in a prescription is never supposed to happen. So, now I have to go dramatize with them. I'm more pissed I will have to drive all the way down there in the heat, and that I paid for a bunch of needles I can't use. Good grief.

Update: I let the pharmacy know I was not too thrilled with the prospect of doing a home amniocentesis. They replaced all of the bad needles and apologized. There have been quite a few mishaps with this pharmacy, including them giving me medicine with someone else's information on it a few months ago. Now, I know I am my own best advocate so I am definitely monitoring what I put into my body given to me by them (or anyone) but at some point you need to be able to trust your pharmacy. I see a switch in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment