Monday, June 13, 2011

Exciting News!

I had my last monthly doctor's visit this morning. Baby sounded really good but oddly enough, she didn't measure my fundal height. She was probably distracted by me regaling her with the horror stories my mom told me about swimming in lakes while pregnant, which is one of my new favorite things to do, LOL.

Anyway, I finally got around to asking if this is considered a "high risk" pregnancy. It's not. Phew! It's a "medium risk." I also confirmed that all the locals telling me the hospital I am delivering at doesn't have a NICU, are wrong. It has a level 2 and it is prepared for any infants born past 28 weeks, which I have already surpassed.

Beginning tomorrow I will have weekly NST's and ultrasounds to get even more detailed reports on baby's size. I don't mind the testing, it just makes me nervous that he even needs it. whatever it takes, though!

AND....

The most exciting news of all: we scheduled my c-section. Yup, I'm going through with having him delivered surgically. I have agonized over this decision for months and I have concluded that because it is medically safe, it is the best option if it means less stress for me (and in turn the baby.)

Our first bundle of joy will be arriving on July 26th!

No comments:

Post a Comment