Saturday, February 12, 2011

What's In A Name? Um, A Lot!

Like most people, I feel pretty passionate about the naming of people. In case you missed it, check this blog I posted in December for one of the best videos I've ever seen. No, really, one of the best videos ever. It pretty much sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Anyway, I was watching Say Yes to the Dress this morning and a woman came in with her young daughter and the daughter's name was Duvae, pronounced "duvet." I was hoping to give the mom the benefit of the doubt that perhaps they were French or attempting something fancy and unique, until this little gem from the mom:

"Duvae was our last baby. We named her after the comforter hoping she'd be the comfort in our life. It worked!"

Um, what? You named your kid after a linen?

I can die now because I have heard everything.









P.S. I have a friend named Cadence but she was named that lonnnnnng before it was cool so she gets points for having original parents. The rest is just ridiculous.

2 comments:

  1. Wha?? That made me roll my eyes. What a story to tell when she's asked where her name comes from. Do you know someone IRL named Cadence, or were you taking about me?? :) I've run into two kids in town with my name. It's not so rare anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cady Nope, I was referring to you AKA The Original Cadence!! I have noticed a lot of kids being named Cadence lately, too.

    ReplyDelete