Saturday, February 19, 2011

If You Believe Everything You See and Hear

I'm sure I've shared this story before, but you'll have to excuse a re-tell on account of the notorious "pregnancy brain." Many years ago I was walking when a woman stopped me. She purported herself to be a psychic and felt compelled to tell me some things. One of those things was that I would be the "opposite" of my mom. She elaborated that I would have a son followed by two girls. Basically, the opposite of my familial birth order.

I don't put much stock in that stuff so I remain skeptical, but I have thought since day 1 that this baby was a boy. Aside from the old wives' tales all indicating Team Blue, I have a sense of some sort that there is a person with a penis growing inside of me.

Where am I going with all of this? well, the anatomy scan is on the 22nd and I will need to make up my mind by then if I want to know the true sex of my Puerto Rican Jumping Bean.

For fun (not science, obviously) we bought an Intelligender from Target. This purchase was easily justified by the test being on sale. For those not familiar, you pee into a cup and it measures your hormones to determine the sex of your baby. All my friends who have tried have remarked that it was accurate. So, according to Intelligender:

1 comment:

  1. I have never even heard of this! I say find out the gender. I've never really understood Team Green people. If you can know, why would you not want to? You're going to be surprised whether you find out at 20 weeks or when the baby is born. I'm thinking you're gonna be so overwhelmed with emotion when the baby is born anyhow. Might as well have that surprise early on when you can really savor it. Also, I'm a major planner, so I just have to prepare.

    ReplyDelete