Monday, May 16, 2011

The Good and The Meh

I had another doctor's appointment today. Everything seems to be going on swell! Praise God for that! Le bebe sounded nice and healthy and I am holding steady on my weight, which I was concerned about. I also did my gestational diabetes test. I spend time on The Bump message boards and from the way many people write about it, I was literally expecting hell on Earth but that was not the case at all. My bottle of glucola was very small and tasted like fruit punch. I literally had it down in two sips. Now, I get to wait for the results.

Rob had a job interview today and they are doing a background check. I really hope it works out. The situation is not ideal but we desperately, desperately need for him to find a job. No joke. I paid the doctor $720 this morning, I have to pay COBRA for the month, which is as yet undetermined because his HR lady hates him, and we have to spend $100 on Paris for her seizure medicine tomorrow. Oh, and I have to pick up another prescription, too. Anybody have some winning lotto numbers to spare?

All kidding aside, so long as the baby is healthy, I don't care about money. We are still actively trying to live in a place of faith, not fear. Sometimes we have to gently remind ourselves. OK, maybe we have to do a lot of reminding, but it's all OK, either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment