Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Sex

As of right this minute, I don't want to know the sex of our baby.

This could change, obviously, but it is something I feel strongly about.

I have caught a lot of heat about this from Rob. He is adamant that he must know. At the very least, he wants to know for our first.

For me, I feel there are very few surprises and miracles in life, and I'd like the person we're going to meet to be one of them.

Plus, I call BS on the whole "I just need to know for the first one."

You see, Rob desperately wants a son.

Desperately.

Maybe it is a man thing.

But, if it so happens that our first child is a girl, he will be dying to know the next time if he's going to get his son and the pressure will be on again to find out before the birth.

I haven't been to the doctor yet but I am confident I know when this child was conceived. According to the Chinese calendar it will be a girl. According to a silly psychic I met at a fair several years ago, my first child will be a boy. I don't put much stock in either of them, obviously.

I know that not knowing the sex in advance makes planning difficult but I am of the mindset that it is better to be economical and try to reuse as much baby gear as possible so buying neutral things is not a bad idea.

My brothers are begging for a nephew and my mom wants a girl. I know I won't be able to please everyone. I'd like a girl, too, but at the end of the day I only care about good health, bottom line.

Oh, and my dad is convinced there are two babies in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment