Friday, December 17, 2010

Scrooge No More

I'm known as a Birthday Scrooge of sorts. I never enjoy acknowledging my birthday and I'm not sure why. I think it has to do with the close timing of Christmas. I always feel like an imposition because people have so much on their plates. Moving on...

I was dreading 29 like the Black Plague but this little baby of mine has changed all that. I worried I'd be an old mom and my kids would resent me the way my brother resents my parents for being "old." I worried it would never happen. But now, I find myself rejoicing.

Constantly.

Getting pregnant becomes all-consuming and I just want to take this time and marinate in it. I just want to enjoy the specialness of my first baby with my husband. Like an engagement, this is a one-time event to bask in.

So today on my birthday, I am so very happy. No more Birthday Scrooge out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment