- There is nothing we can say that God doesn't already know.
- A prayer doesn't have to be long. In fact, I have heard good arguments for why they should not be long. There are books on the subject, etc.
- It's OK to pray for a long time because prayer should be a part of your relationship and therefore say what you need to say.
- God hears every prayer. Every single one of them, big or small.
- Your prayers matter to God!!
I have noticed that many, many people use the word "just" while praying. I am not judging their prayers but I find it curious. An example would be, "I just want to lift So-and-So up to you in prayer." "I just want to ask for your guidance, Lord."
Specifically, I am referring to when the word "just" is used as an adverb. See the meaning?
12. only or merely: He was just a clerk until he became ambitious.
I don't like it. No prayer is "just" a prayer. A prayer is a petition. It is important. It rubs me the wrong way when people use "just" in prayer because I feel like it cheapens what they're saying.
And there's nothing cheap about prayer! I guess I just have to get over it because it is a very common thing to do.