Monday, January 21, 2013

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

So, we offered on a second house. Same neighborhood. Same model as the other one, only a little bigger. And then they countered. So we countered. Then they countered again with their final offer. I emailed our realtor a question and am waiting back to hear her answer, since their final offer was very ambiguous regarding one of our requests. But, barring any other random thing that might come up, I think we may be signing a contract this week. Yay! I'm sad to say this, but if we still lived in California this never would've been possible. My formal education is incomplete and I was laid off, and Rob wasn't making as much money there as he does here. Not to mention, his body and his mind are extremely burnt out from being a mechanic. It is time for a change (more on that in another post.) We love California with all our hearts. Our entire lives were there, and in some ways, much of our hearts still are. Knowing we are building a life here without many of our nearest and dearest is still crushing at times. But for Lincoln's sake and our own, we press on. I am doubtful we would ever be able to own a home there, and I want my kid to have memories in a home he can call his own, and that we can make our own. 2012 was literally one of the top three worst of my entire life. I wouldn't wish my 2012 on my worst enemy. But living here in Texas, despite some of the misery we've endured, has brought us to a place where we might be able to do something we never had hope for prior to moving here. And that's got to count for something.

2 comments:

  1. I hope this is the one! I know how nerve-wrecking house hunting can be along with the whole process of putting in offers & holding your breath hoping again hope that you get it. Hang in there, 2013 will be a great year for ya'll! I just know it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the offer! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete